MISSISSIPPI COUNSELOR POLITICAL ACTION COMMITTEE
The Mississippi Counselors Political Action Committee (MCPAC) is a non-profit, non-partisan political action committee composed of individuals who are Counselors or Supporters of Counselors/Counseling Issues.
On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, a group of Mississippi Counselors working in a variety of settings met to discuss important upcoming legislative issues. Our lobbyist, Claire Hester of Capitol Resources, discussed the value and usefulness of forming a political action committee. The 10 counselors present that day were very excited about the possibilities, agreed to be the stakeholders, and started MCPAC that day.
MCPAC is not part of the Mississippi Counseling Association (MCA) but supports the MCA legislative agenda. The directors of MCPAC participate with the MCA Public Policy and Legislation Committee to develop and support the legislative agenda for counselors and counseling issues.
- Assure a visible role for counselors in our state political process
- Be a part of the successful legislative process counselors have developed since the 1980’s with MCA and with MCPAC for over 10 years
- Participate in Day at the Capitol for Counseling to interact with legislators and increase their awareness of Counselors and counseling issues
- Show appreciation to our legislators with the MCPAC gift basket presented at Day at the Capitol
- Ideas and ideals we value are impacted by the state legislature
- Knowledge about issues important to our profession, clients, and students is vital
- One of Mississippi’s most successful lobbying groups, Capitol Resources, works for counselors and counseling issues
- Keep informed with regular legislative updates
- Legislative trainings
- Campaign contributions
- Day at the Capitol and legislator appreciation gifts
- Work with MCA lobbyists to further counselor legislative efforts.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
MPAC donations are
now being solicited for 2017-2018.
DONOR/MEMBERSHIP FORM (MS WORD)
Suggested donation is $100 but any amount will be gladly accepted. Complete the Donor/Membership form and mail it with your check (made out to MCPAC) .
For more information, contact:
PO Box 15681, Hattiesburg, MS 39404